Monday, July 20, 2009

Kruger=success!! / Flight Itenarary

What a day we had! We set off bright and early at a little after 5 in the morning. We did not have electricity so we had to try to dress ourselves in the dark. It was quite the challenge! We arrived in South Africa a little after 7. We went through customs and got another stamp in our passport. Then we set off for Kruger! First of all the Restricks were wonderful tour guides because they have been to this park over a hundred times. I loved that they both were still so excited to go with us still. They did warn us that they last trip they made with the teachers of the seminary, they did not have any luck seeing any animals. We were all saying our prayers that we would have better luck!
We had driven around 15 minutes and had seen some impalas and also some warthogs. Then we saw something jogging in the middle of the road so we sped up to see what it was. It was a lion!!! We followed it while it was jogging to catch 2 other lions! They were on the hunt and we got to follow behind them for at least 5 minutes! Then they went and laid down on the side of the road and we saw at least 8 elephants standing in the field! We were so excited. I am sure Dave and Rhoda thought that the girls in the back seat were pretty funny. We continued on driving and we saw another cat-like figure ahead. So we sped up again... there was the most beautiful leopard walking slowly ahead of us, waving its long tail behind! We were so amazed. Kruger has "The Big 5" this is the 5 hardest animals to hunt and kill and we had already seen 3 of the 5!! We knew God was blessing our trip! This was just the beginning and we continued on and saw sooooo many other awesome animals:
giraffes, hippos, rhinos, buffalo, kudos, beautiful birds, baboons, Bambis, crocodiles, zebras, a vulcher, eagle, bush buck,wildabeasts, and even more but I can't think of them off the top of my head! As you can tell we had a very successful day and we got to see all the Big 5! We had so much fun. Then we ate at this place called "Wimpys" it was really American and hit the spot!

On the trip home Allyson, Kristin and I laid the seat back and looked at the stars through the moon roof. We had such great conversations. I am going to miss them so much, they have helped me greatlly during my time here. We returned at 9 and I began to pack my stuff. It is the weirdest feeling to know that I am going to be telling my kids bye tomorrow night. They have become such a huge part of me, and it will be so hard to say goodbye. I am dreading this. The Lord has blessed me so much here, and he used these kids to help me. I wish I could bring them all back with me, but since I can't I will carry them in my heart. I cannot wait to be home and see you all.

Here is my flight itenarary to El Paso for debriefing.

Depart Maputo Wednesday at 3:55pm (1 hour flight)
Arrive in Johannesburg at 5:05 pm
Depart Joberg at 8:40 pm (11 hour flight)
Arrive in London Thursday at 6:50 AM
Depart London at 8:30 Am(10 hour flight)
Arrive in Houston at 12:30 Pm
Depart Houston at 3:00PM (1 hour flight)
Arrive in El Paso at 3:57 PM FINALLY!!!!!
Hopefully I got this correct.

As you can see we have quite the journey ahead of us, so I would definitely appreciate your prayers that everything runs smoothly and that we arrive safely!

Can't wait to see you all! Thank you for EVERYTHING!
Love,
Kaylee

1 comment: