Saturday, July 18, 2009

Swaziland!

We returned from Swaziland last night! It was so fun to see this country since I have heard so much about it. It was really beautiful and a great break from the city. We got to tour the Manzini Nazarene hospital which Rhoda used to work at. We saw some heartbreaking things as we walked through the halls. We also go to see the Nazerene Bible college there. It was really nice. We also go to see the house the Restricks lived in by the campus and the church they got married in. We went to a place where they made candles and we also got to see some of the amazing artwork and Rhoda and Dave wanted to stop and get a cup of tea. Then on the way out we saw the Houses of Parliament. It was really interesting. We stopped by KFC and got some food on the go. I must say I have had my fair share of Kentucky Fried Chicken for a while. Today we are going to a service to honor the new General Superindent from Cape Verde. This is really exciting because he is the first GS from Africa and we get to meet him in Africa! (This will probably include a huge feast after wards.) Then tomorrow we are traveling to Kruger Park for the day! We are praying that the animals come out to see us while we are there! I cannot believe this is my last couple days here in Mozambique. I am definitely ready to come home but I am sad to say goodbye to my family here. Be praying that we have a good farewell to our friends.
I am excited to see you all!! Thanks so much for your support and comments. They mean a lot to me!
Kaylee

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Meeting the new African GS will be an historic occasion for you....Neat! Can't wait to have you home soon! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. The places you visited in Swaziland made us a little home sick as we know exactly what you were seeing. Praying for a safe trip home.
    Will

    ReplyDelete