Saturday, May 7, 2011

Back to Kaleo!

Yes you heard it right! I am returning back to Kaleo the day after graduation to be a Discipleship Group Leader (Dgroup). I will be leading three girls from SNU: Emily Spitler, Timara Starkey, and Kayla Conant. I am so excited to get to share this experience with these girls and get to grow with them. A lot of you are probably thinking..man this girl needs to settle down and get a job. Well to be honest, I understand what you are thinking. This past year I have been praying that if the desires me to return to Kaleo, that he would make it clear to me. He definitely has done that. There are a lot of different feelings I am having in this stage before graduation. Some parts of me think I am so crazy for doing this, and not looking for a job this summer. Other parts of me are stressed out because I have to leave the day after graduation (which means a lot to get done!). But the main part of me is so excited to see what God is going to do this summer. He has opened the doors for me to return to Kaleo, and I know that this experience will continue to shape me.

I heard some one say that being a Kaleo participant helps you grow in your head knowledge about God, and being a leader helps you grow in Godly character. I am very excited/nervous to be able to continue growing into the Godly woman God has called me to be. Seth and I are also very excited to both experience this because we know that it will just help our marriage.

I am writing this to some of you specifically... I would love your prayers right now as I deal with so many emotions. I would also love it if you joined in praying for me this summer.

Right now I am thinking about a job, wedding, kaleo, leading, etc. I know that I am doing God's will and that gives me peace, but still sometimes the devil tries to tell me that what I am doing is not worth while. I need to trust.

Specific prayer requests that you could pray: that I would put my relationship with God over everything. That the Lord would give me peace and take away my stress so I can focus on Him. That I would be a servant leader (and have patience). That the Lord would provide a job for me in His timing (at Kaleo and at home and that I would trust Him for this), and for my group to all have teachable hearts.

Thank you so much for committing to this. I am looking forward to another life-changing summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment