Tuesday, July 6, 2010

thankful for freedom.

The picture on the top left is the outdoor crew I work with, the picture below is Deb and Kenzie, the two ladies I am with is Alecia and Diane, the next picture is of my dgroup, and we all know who the last picture is of!!

















This week has been a really good week. I got to share the gospel with 2 Jamaican ladies that I work with. Their names are Diane and Alecia. It was really good to be able to share it with friends that I have gotten to know, and not just strangers on the beach. They both had received Christ already, but it was good to open the doors for more conversation. Christianity looks so different in Jamaica than here, so it is good to share about the differences. On Thursday my coworkers and I were able to visit the Bigstuff service. This is the camp that we serve food for. We invited a lady that we work with named Deborah. She was working that night but she said she would try to stop by. We she ended up coming for a little bit, and I could just see her interest in her eyes. The service was fun, and people were freely praising God. The next day, Kenzie and Courtney (girls that I work with) got to share the bridge with her. As they were showing it to her, I was just watching her face, and
praying that the Lord would soften her heart. When they
asked her if she would like to put her trust in Jesus Christ, she looked at them with tears in her eyes, and said, "Yes, this is what I need." We all got to celebrate with her, and it was just awesome. Now Kenzie gets to walk her through steps of what to do next in your walk with Christ, which is so exciting!

Friday night we had a social which was at the park. It started pouring rain, but that didn't stop all of us from playing in it. It was a lot of fun! Saturday a group of us went to Royal American (where I work) and watched the fireworks. It was fun to see my coworkers in action too. Then Sunday we went to church and then we went to evangelism training early because we were going to Seaside that night. So after church we headed to training. At training they taught us some answers to some hard statements we get like, "There are many ways to get to heaven, besides Jesus, and "We can work our way to heaven." We learned some scripture that goes to prove that these statements are not true, if they came up in conversation. After training we got paired up with a partner. This week they did mixed partners. I was a little nervous about this. I got paired up with the guy that leads training. This was a little intimidating at first, but I just prayed that I would be able to articulate myself and that the Lord would speak through me. It turned out being really great, and we had some really good conversations. We got to lead a guy named Walter to Christ, which was really awesome. Later, we talked to this Christian family. They told us that we needed to talk to their daughter who was not there at the moment, but they told us she would try to test us. So sure enough, she comes walking up. I asked her if she wanted to see it, and she said yes. She began making up all these theories that she believes. I was so thankful that my partner was here, because he is a religious studies major, so he definitely knows his stuff, and also he was not going to let her questioning and theories trip him up. He did a great job talking to her, and she definitely understood what he was saying, and stopped trying to test him. Even though it was a tough conversation, I definitely could see that the Lord is going to use it to help the girl better understand who he is. Sunday night we went to Seaside. It was a lot of fun! I got to see my great friend Terry, because the Destin Kaleo was there also. It was a great weekend!!

This week I have off work because a camp canceled. It's kind of a bummer, but I am going to try to milk it, because it is not long before we leave! This weekend is missions conference. I am really excited for all that I am going to learn. Thank you all for reading, and I hope you are doing well!!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your stories! you have such a servants heart and i know you are such a blessing in all the lives you come in contact with! miss you lots, friend and enjoy the rest of your time there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing this blog. Without it we would not know how to direct our prayers. God Bless you and the Ministry that God id doing through you.

    ReplyDelete