Monday, June 28, 2010

what a gift.

During these past weeks I have loved reading "The Cross Centered Life" and learning more about Christ's sacrifice. I just feel like I keep on learning more, and gaining a new perspective of Christ's sacrifice. Not only through the readings, but also through the material we work on throughout the week. Sharing the bridge with others has also helped me really understand what the gospel should mean in our lives. After reading and discussing the book I now see that the gospel should be the focus of our every day lives. It makes complete sense. Our salvation is not supposed to be celebrated on Easter, or Sundays, but everyday. Because of Christ's sacrifice, we have an opportunity of having eternal life with God. The fact that God would sacrifice His Son for me, is so humbling, and amazing. Another chapter talked about how because God sent His Son to die, he understands all suffering. No suffering is greater than what Christ experienced. We will never experience separation from God, because our perfect and sinless Lord died for us. Despite our suffering, we should be joyful because our suffering will never be as severe as our sins, that Jesus took away. I do not think I will ever be able to fully grasp how powerful that is. I did not mean to spoil the book for you guys, but I really would encourage you all to read it. To think about it. This gift is TOO great not to share! I have been so inspired by others here, and their passion to share with others. I am definitely learning a lot.

I pray that I will stay motivated and dedicated to all the things that I have to get done in these next couple of weeks. Thank you all for your prayers and support. I am so thankful for this opportunity to be here. I am growing so much, and it would not be possible without you guys. I am so grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you to stay motivated, focused and to continue growing in the Love of Jesus. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved reading how you are growing in Christ. Thanks for allowing yourself to be a tool to reach out to others. I am so excited to hear more about your experiences. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete