Friday, June 4, 2010

cross centered life.

One of the books we are reading this summer is "The Cross Centered Life." It talks about how our lives should always be focused on the ultimate sacrifice that God has given us, his Son. It is amazing how as a Christian we can forget how truly amazing God's sacrifice was. I am learning a lot, and also learning how to apply it to my life. On Sunday we went out and did beach evangelism. I got to go with Kelly which was very helpful. At first we were nervous because people were not as willing to give us their opinion on our illustration, but the Lord definitely opened up some great opportunities. We talked to a lady that was Buddhist. She didn't seem to really follow Buddhist beliefs, but she knew that she did not believe what Christians believed. She began telling us how her nephew was killed in the name of Jesus Christ. I am not sure exactly what this meant, but you could see that her heart was very hardened to Christianity. Kelly and I listened and then explained the "Bridge" illustration. Although she was very avid about not being open to our beliefs, she listened the whole entire time, and I hope that maybe the Lord spoke some truth and maybe some hope into her life.

After beach evangelism we always have share time with the group. It really is amazing to see how God works through people that trust Him and share the gospel.One really neat story was from a guy named Heath from UCO. He talked about how he shared the Bridge with a man on the beach who at first seemed really cold-hearted, and not at all open to the idea of Christianity. He said he just kept praying that the Lord would soften the man's heart. At the end of the bridge he asked the man if he had ever made the decision to put his trust in Jesus Christ, and the man said no, and that he wanted to! Heath was really excited about it, and after he left he ran into the man's sister. She was praising him for what he did. She told him that she had been trying to get him to accept Jesus Christ for 6 years, but the man finally understood what it meant after seeing the bridge! I just thought that was an amazing story, and also really neat to see how the Lord blesses us when we share His gospel.

This week we (people that have not started their jobs) have been helping out with service projects at the City Rescue Mission in PCB. This is outside of the world prayer, small group, church service, and bible study that we have been doing throughout the week. It was fun, but a lot of work. Today I officially am employed at the Royal American after all my tests came back clear. I go in on Monday for a run through and then my first official day is Tuesday at 6 AM. I am excited to get a set schedule and officially have a job. I pray that the Lord will help me to be disciplined to get up before work to spend daily quiet time with Him, and also that I say dedicated to the inductive Bible study, my book reading, and scripture memorization. It is a lot of things, but I want to be able to stay focused even when I get tired and busy with work. If you can pray about these things that would be wonderful. Also, the oil spill is heading our way as of now. We will not be leaving PCB if this happens, but it will affect our beach evangelism, and maybe some jobs if it does hit us. Sometimes I pray, "Lord PLEASEEEEE don't let it hit here", and kinda laugh to myself like that really wouldn't happen. BUT i have been convicted because I am limiting God and his miracles. I believe that he hears our prayers and He is WAY bigger than my thoughts can perceive. I mean he parted the RED SEA! If it does hit, I know he will take care of us and things will work out just the way he wants.

Anyways, this is a really random post but I thought I would send out a little weekly update. Thank you for your comments, and prayers. They really are such a blessing to me. Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and your willing spirit! I will be praying for you this summer!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so thankful for God's goodness Kaylee. love what He's doing in you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kaylee, i just love you. this is such a perfect opportunity for you since you are so outgoing and good at meeting and talking to new people. now you're taking it a step further and leading people to god! talk about using your gifts!
    ive never heard of this bridge illustration. ill have to look it up- or you can evangelise to me ;) haha
    im glad you go the job you wanted! although it would've been awesome if you did work at good ol t-bell...you could've made me a crunchwrap supreme with all the fixinns hahahaha.
    love you and am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete