Sunday, June 13, 2010

the Lord listens.


This weekend was a really good weekend. Saturday morning we got to go on a snorkeling trip for free because one of my friend Britton works a snorkeling company and her boss offered for 77 students to go on a tour, and the only thing we have to do is refer others! It was so fun. They took us to the area of shell island and we got see all sorts of sea creatures. I found a sand dollar that was still alive! It was pretty exciting, even though I couldn't keep it. I also got to hold a live star fish. All that to say, it was a lot of fun! Saturday evening we had our first social. The theme for the evening was "Things that come in 4's," but since my leader was gone we only had three. So we dressed up like smores. Our costumes were pretty great, if I can say so myself. After the social, I practiced the bridge with my friend Britton. She was so encouraging to me, and helped give me confidence which I was praying for. I have really enjoyed getting to know her, and I am thankful for her friendship while being here.

Today we went to church, and it was really good. The pastor of the church used to be in the military, so this man does not sugar coat things. It is kinda refreshing to hear the gospel straight up. Sometimes in my journey I forget how real the wrath of God is, and sometimes I think we needed to be reminded of that for accountability, and also to put us in our place. I also think this makes the gospel so much cooler. The reason God's Son died for us was to calm God's wrath. Pretty awesome.

After church we got ready for evangelism training. I was getting a little anxious, and I just kept praying that the Lord would calm my nerves and that the Holy Spirit would speak through me. After training I was paired up with my friend Allison, and we set off to share the gospel on the beach. The first lady that I spoke to was named Rita. She was so confident in her faith, and really encouraging to me and what I was doing.Then she told me that she would love for me to talk to her daughter that had just been baptized, but she was at the pool. I told her that we would try to catch her on our way back so we could show the bridge to her. We went on down the beach and we saw some other Kaleo girls down there, so we decided to turn around. When we walked back I saw Rita with her daughter. I asked her if they had time and she said yes. I met her daughter and her friend Caroline. I got to share the bridge with them and Caroline had never received Christ. I asked her if she wanted to, and she said Yes! It was so exciting to help someone make such an awesome decision. I am so amazed that we (sinners) just have to turn from our self-desired life, and trust that Jesus did die for our sins and conquered death, and we are SAVED! God has made salvation so easy for us! That just amazes me.

Later in the day I got to talk to another lady named Courtney. She was so excited to hear what I was sharing, and she really enjoyed how articulate the bridge was. She was saying how she wishes she could share like I did because her husband is an atheist and she has been praying that he would accept the gospel. She said that he is very scientific, so he really likes to see facts. I told her that I just learned the bridge 3 weeks ago, and that if I can learn it she can. So we exchanged information and I am going to send her some info on the bridge. We prayed for her husband and she was so emotional. It was really neat talking to her, and also encouraging her to share. I just pray that the Lord softens her husband, Jason's heart.

Anyways, I felt much more confident in sharing my beliefs and that was definitely an answer to prayer. Thanks for reading! I appreciate you guys!

4 comments:

  1. i love your blog!
    i love your smore costume!
    i love your starfish!
    i love your heart!
    etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaylee-
    Thanks for updating! What incredible stories you already have to share of how the Lord is working.... in you and others. Can't wait to hear all the stories at the end of the summer! Praying for you guys regularly! Love you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaylee! God is continuing to use in you such awesome ways! I want to hear more about the things you are learning because I know there are still so many things I want to learn about our awesome God! Praying for all of you and loved seeing all of your pictures. It is beautiful there and it is great to see that you have a great support system but you are also stepping outside and finding other friends and making connections that will last a lifetime. What an honor to walk someone through the process of asking Christ in their heart!!!! So proud of you!!! Thanks for updating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Kay! Here are some of my thoughts:
    1. SMORES? I LOVE IT! How did you think of that? And you got to be the best part of the smore:) I would have eaten you.
    2. I love that you got to snorkel! So fun!
    3. I think I'm jealous that you are getting so stinkin tan:)
    4. Awesome about Caroline and her daughter. What a blessing.
    5. Loved my brilliant postcard.
    6. Love you more.

    ReplyDelete