Friday, June 11, 2010

the first full week.



This week was my first week on the job. It was good and I really like the people I work with, and now I am tired! I thought I would write this blog and give you a glimpse of what my week at kaleo looks like. A lot of people have asked me if I just get to hang out at the beach all the time, and that is definitely not the case. I do try to visit some on my days off, but not as much as I would like!

Sunday: I attend the First Baptist Church of Panama City with a group of Kaleo people. They assign us different churches so that we are getting involved with more of the community. Then we grab lunch and head to a church for Evangelism training. This lasts about an hour-two hours. Then we set out with a partner to share the gospel on the beach. We return around 5 and have share time to hear about the different experiences on the beach. That is really neat. After we clean our rooms because we have room checks every Sunday night. Then we have world prayer. We have prayer groups, and we rotate to different countries each week and learn how we can specifically pray for countries such as China, India, African countries, etc. It is a great learning experience and great to know how we can be praying for different places and religions. That is a normal Sunday.

Monday: I go to work at Royal American from 6:00 AM to 3:00pm.
That evening we have our discipleship group meeting time. This lasts at least a couple hours. We recite our scripture memory for the week, we discuss the "Cross Centered Life" book and then go over the inductive Bible study. After all of this, we talk about applications and certain ways we can apply what were learning to our lives.

Tuesday: Work-6:00-3:00 Tuesday evening we have our all Kaleo worship service, Stumo. We meet around 6 30 and have pizza, then we have worship and awesome speakers! I really love Tuesdays. After Stumo, Kelly and I go and have a one-on-one, which is a time for accountability and more growth. We read some and she asks specific questions about the text.

Wednesday: Work 6:00-3:00 Wednesday night we have our Inductive Bible Study Training. We are learning how to observe and interpret the Bible. It is a lot to learn, but it is very helpful! After training, we have campus prayer which is a time when we get to break off with our school groups and pray for SNU specifically, and the people on our campus.

Thursday: Work 10-3 Thursday night there is usually activities at a local park. Many people invite the employees they work to join too.

Friday: Work 6-11:30. Friday is one of our free nights, but I usually spend some of it trying to catch up on the things that are due on Monday.

Saturday: Free. This week we are having one of our social events, and the theme is "Things that come in 4," but since Kelly is gone for the weekend, our group is going to have to do 3. It should be fun!

Work has been really good, and I get to work with some great bosses. They look after us, and are very hard working as well. I am really praying that the Lord will give me the eyes to see people that need to hear the gospel that I work with.

I am sorry if this blog is kinda boring, but I thought it might be nice for some of you to see what I am doing. My prayer this week is that the Lord will give me energy so that I can be productive outside of work. Im so blessed to be here, and I am learning so much. I am so excited that I will be able to bring this home.

Thank you all for reading! Love you guys.

2 comments:

  1. Great to know you are again giving updates about your summer Mission activities. Remember you are in our prayers. Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love details, details, you know me!! So thanks...love you sweet daughter!

    ReplyDelete